<VV> Spark plugs

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 17:34:00 EST 2006

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:12:59 -0800
From: "Gary Berry" <duallycc at gmail.com>
Subject: <VV> Champion L-12Y plugs

   A year or so ago I bought a rebuilt 140hp engine from a fellow in
Wa. I installed it in my dunebuggy, and it has been running great. I'm
getting ready to head to Pismo Beach, Ca for a week of dune running
and I thought I would go ahead and tune up the engine. I pulled the
plugs, and it has these Champion L-12Y plugs in it. Should I try and
replace them with the same thing, or is there a better plug that I
should be using? Stock 140hp engine.

Gary, I use Bosch W8AC (Auto Zone 7502) in my 140HP sand rail and they work
fine.  99 cents a piece.  I doubt you will find L-12Y plugs anywhere.  They
were popular back in the 60's for turbo Vairs.  Stock low performance Vairs
used L-15Y.  Just ask at the counter for VW Beetle plugs.  Same size and
heat range.  14MM 1/2" reach.
Clark Hartzel