<VV> EM wheel/tire question

Steve Brennan alohaz at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 01:27:10 EST 2006

I just discovered the wire hubcaps I got with my 62 Spyder coupe are 14", while my wheels are 13".  (I have been restoring, so had not tried to install them before now.)  I need a new set of tires, so now I have to figure out what I am going to change before laying out the bucks for the new tires.  Can anyone out there offer any suggestions?  Is there a source for some sharp looking 14" 4-hole wheels that would fit?  If so, does that increase my options for available tires?  If I stick with the 13" wheels, are there original-style wire hubcaps available for them?  I am not restricting my options, so if there is an advisable upgrade to a 5-hole hub, I would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.
Steve Brennan