<VV> Re: Aluminum Oil Pan Gaskets

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 08:43:50 EST 2006

First, my original post was way out of line, and for
that I am very sorry. No way to take it back, I tried.
 I just get the worse luck with things.(I know, it
happens to us all.) Still, I am very sorry. I did
mention I had gotten many good parts from CC, but
still the post was uncalled for.
I spoke with John at Charlotte, and he did give the
best insight to the situation.(mentioned in his first
post.) Between the logic of his posts, and JR's, it is
obvious this is what happened in the stamping of these
gaskets. You could see that somehow with the crooked
edge that the gaskets likely were stacked too high,
and it slipped.

In looking back, maybe I should have tried to file
them, but I was unsure as to what would happen if I
did such. (They are very hard in texture, and I am
still unsure what they are made of.)
I did mention that I put the gaskets between the
baffle plate and the oil pan, and did not ever make it
to the installation point. They popped/cracked very
quick, when just lowering the baffle plate on them,
and I did have all three between the two aluminum
plates. All three of the gaskets(Which included one I
was going to give with an Offy pan, to a friend) were
cut the same way, as they all lined up with each
other. They did not, of course, line up with the oil
pan.

However, I am sure we have all run into things like
this, and like most things, we should just write them
off as lessons learned. Nothing in life is perfect,
and more like the trials we must endure.
So, again, I am very sorry for my original post, and
as one kind fellow wrote me and said "It was out of
order".  I agreed with him, and it made me feel shame
for my actions.
So, I got 2 regular gaskets for Alum.pans, put them
on, and all is well.

All The Best Regards,
Danny Barber