<VV> Need some help with a Parking brake signal

Bob Bauer robovair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 16 20:19:53 EST 2006

I found a NOS parking brake signal in my stash and decided to put it in my Corsa.  I tried and it just would not match the directions that were provided.  I looked at the directions closely and they are dated April 1964.    The group number is  4.589  part number  1# 986209
  That number does not match anything in my parts and body catalog.

  It seems the frame that holds the clutch and brake pedal will not allow the switch to be mounted in a way to turn it off when the brake is released.
  Do I have the wrong switch, or is this for automatics only or is this switch for an early model,[is the brake handle and frame design different??

  Anybody wanna jump in on this one.

  Bob Bauer
  66 Monza
  66 Corsa