<VV> Turning a Smog Car without the Smog Pump

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 21:48:07 EST 2006

                                       B"H

Hi people, my first technical question.  Has anyone
tuned and done carb adjustments on a '69 Monza with
the smog pump removed?  Should I follow the procedure
in the '69 supplement, or the '65 shop manual?

The '69 supplement says that the carbs are different
on the smog cars vs. the earlier models.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.  My car
drives fine but has a rough idle, especially when
stopped in Drive, like waiting at a red light. (110 PG
drivetrain).

BTW, Clark's is VERY fast with shipping...2 days!

Thanks...Bill H.