<VV> Getting some Corvairs in the Guinness Book Of World Records

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 22:14:35 EST 2006

>   World Record Attempt
>
>   "Classic Car Parade"
>
>   Saturday, December 2, 2006
>   This event is an attempt to surpass the current
> "Parade of Classic Cars" record of 948 classic cars
> (30+ years old&#8212;driven a distance of 2 miles
around a
> race track) held May 11, 2002 by the Hartogh Ford
> Museum in Hellegom, the Netherlands as recorded in
> the Guinness Book of World Records.

Wow, odd you should post this. True, I am from the
backwoods, but the Netherlands is one place I have
visited for many years. I just did miss this event in
2002. I so wanted to get to see it too, but I was to
be married in June of 02, and so I was a month late
for the event... My loss, as I could have given a
stateside, first hand account of the event.
Seeing how the marriage only lasted 11 months, I
really hate I missed what turned out to be the better
event. Oh, I loved her very much, but to say, not
enough for the both of us.
Nonetheless, in April of 07 I will return, and check
out the current cars in Diemen, Netherlands.... And,
to show them some pics of Wilma, my 67, not my
ex-wife.
I would be glad to carry along any messages and such
to those with friends in Holland, if needed... Just
thought I would offer.
Danny Barber
67 Vert (For some, there is only one.)