<VV> Bradley/Corvair project?

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 20 20:33:00 EST 2006

Arjay,
My thoughts are:
1)  If you're worried about resale value, run away.  It will cost you many
times what you can sell it for.
2)  If you're worried about it being too much work, run away.  You can't
imagine.....
3)  If you don't get insane giggling joy from looking a some moron previous
owner's screwups, run away.

I passed all those tests, so I recently bought an Avenger GT-15, Corvair
powered "project" car.  I figure 3 years to get it "finished".  If I'm
lucky, I'll only have $10K in a $4K car that's not as much fun to drive as
my Corsa convert.

A running VW powered Bradley with only one broken gull window recently sold
on E-bay for just over $2K.  $900 to ship it across the country, <$1500 to
convert it to Corvair, and you'd be way ahead if what you want is to
own/drive one.  If you want a long hobby project, the rules are different.

Roger