<VV>Retro

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 23 15:20:34 EST 2006

At 05:42 PM 11/22/2006, MyGroups wrote:

>>If GM did a car up like that and sold it for what the Mustang sells
>>for, I bet a lot of people would be willing to buy it...  IF the
>>car was true to its origins and not an almost-wannabe like Ford's
>>BIG blunder with the last T-Bird.    They learned their lesson,
>>hence the Mustang "correction".   ;)
>
>So what is your criticism of the retro T-Bird? Just curious.

It looked much more like a '54 Corvette than a '56 T-Bird.    Ford
unwittingly copied their competition's ancient history.    Then they
priced the damned thing into the stratosphere.

It came off as Miata competition, only without the handling or
performance or affordable price.

>I find them interesting if originally over priced. Not a sports car
>in any way though.

Nope.   It actually wasn't much of anything good, just a collection
of sorta-ok, but...

tony..