<VV> Opinions on Old Gas

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Fri Nov 24 12:09:17 EST 2006

What is the prevailing thought on old gas, using it or getting rid of  it?

I have some gas that was in my ATV for over a year, that caused the needle
and seat to gum up.  I drained that out and replaced it with fresh for my
hunting trip this year, but now have the old gas.  As this is only a year  or so
old, I thought about dumping it a couple gallons at a time in the wife's  2005
RAV4 four banger.  Thoughts?

I am just about ready to fire up the 69 Monza Convertible after rebuilding
the engine.  The last thing to do is to drain the tank and put in some  fresh
gas there as well.  The engine starting missing in April of 2004 when  my
brother was driving it from Minnesota to Texas.  I fixed the ring  problem in July
or August of 2004, and ran the car about 60 miles before a bad  bearing took
out the engine.  So, the gas in the tank is probably about 2  years and 7
months old, maybe a few months less.  Any thoughts about this  (93 octane then)
gas?  Would this be safe to mix in a few gallons at a time  in the wife's Toyota?
 If not, any recommendations on how to dispose of old  gas?  Thanks.

Todd in TX
(ready to drive Corvair's again)