<VV> '64 Spyder Conv.- always code 667?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Nov 24 23:52:35 EST 2006

All '64 Spyders have the 600 series body codes.

The easy check for most Spyder clones is to check out the exhaust cutout
in the rear of the car. Unless the cloner did a really great job of
cutting out a section of a Spyder and weld it into the clone, the look
of the exhaust cutout will be a big give away of cloning.

Also, the '64 Spyder had the Monza steering wheel emblem! The turbo
steering wheel center is only for 62 and 63 Spyders!

You have looked inside the differential to confirm the positraction
setup? A sticker or owner statement does not a posi unit make....

Value? To a collector it matters a lot. For a driver, it matters not.
Just make sure the value matches the status. i.e. do not pay Spyder
price for a clone, pay Monza with modification price.

Does the stainless steel tag in the driver's door jamb match the body
plate in the engine compartment?

Frank DuVal