<VV>Retro? Nope, the goods from GM.

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Nov 25 13:38:18 EST 2006

At 11:34 PM 11/24/2006, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 11/24/2006 1:35:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>tonyu at roava.net writes:
>
>General  Motors just hasn't been doing its job as of late.    I can't
>honestly say that they make ANYTHING that I'd want to buy, if I hit
>lotto and could afford to buy *anything*  available.
>

>I didn't hit the lotto, so I had to settle for a C6 Corvette, the best  value
>in a performance sports car.

As per my previous remarks, (which I should have qualified) the
Corvette is the exception albeit a specialty car.

>And I just drove the 400 miles to Newport
>Beach, CA and 400 back - 30.2 MPG on the way there, 29.9 on the way
>back. My  wife
>and I carpool to work in it several days a week and I autocross it almost
>monthly. With the insurance pretty reasonable due to the anti-theft
>measures,
>what more could I ask? Well - Air-cooling would be nice! -  Seth

I freely admit that the current Corvette is a bargain for what you
get for the bucks.    Great performance, built like a true GT car
oughta be.    And I am GLAD they did something about the front end
treatment on the C5... made it look like a recycled Firebird or
something.    Current 'Vette?   Can't find any issues with that
one.   The front end treatment now gives the car a unique identity
all its own...  doesn't remind me of a 15 year old Firebird.

I'd wager that the C6 is very likely *the* best Corvette ever.

...it may well be the saving grace for GM; "What, no more
Corvettes?  We gotta do something!"   ;)

tony..