<VV> Re: No-start-when-warm '69

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 19:40:46 EST 2006

                                   B"H

Thanks guys for your advice on my no-start problem.  I
checked choke unloader adjustment and found the
butterflies were barely moving when the accelerator
was floored, so I adjusted them to open a bit more
based on the shop manual.

I then adjusted the chokes to remain partway open when
the engine was still warm.  The shop manual says to
rotate the BOTTOM part of the choke shaft, not the
top, but the bottom part didn't budge.  I tried by
hand and then with a pair of pliers, but I didn't want
to force anything so I disconnected each upper link
and rotated the links to open the chokes more.  I then
verfied smooth operation of the linkage and choke
valves.

When the car was completely cold I verified that the
chokes were still closed, and the car started with the
gas depressed about 1/3 of the way down.

When it's warm, it starts right up with the same 1/3
pedal depression.

If I start her within a few minutes after shutting her
off, she starts instantly without touching the
go-pedal.

So I think I've got her where she starts reliably
under all conditons.

Thanks again guys...Bill H.