<VV> re:retro T-Bird

MyGroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Sat Nov 25 19:53:58 EST 2006

> Some people bought them and drove them to Cruise nights, around here
> they got criticized, just like the guys in the SSR's, PT's etc that
> buy a "new" car and try going to a cruise night. Vipers and Prowlers
> though for some reason were exempt.....................
> The price was the killer, why buy a poor copy when for the same price
> you could buy an original?????
> Yes there are some little birds going for big bucks yet, but for the
> most part, the average ones are dropping in value as the people who
> have interest in them are thinning out.......................not as
> much demand.

I think they were decent looking but I seem them aimed at the Lexus
crowd more than the BMW (performance) crowd. But like you said, they
cost about the same as the original would. Maybe lower the price and
sell them to the $20K crowd. I wonder if they - like the Excursion -
were designed to be cash cows (cost the same as the $20K Ford but sold
at whatever price they were originally ($40K?)

Chris in Cookeville