<VV> Spark Plugs

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Nov 26 10:41:41 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/26/06 5:31:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
klundy at optonline.net writes:

> Can anyone tell me the difference between AC 44F and AC 44FF spark plugs?

Yes, is that what you wanted to know? OH I see, you want to know the
difference. Well so muxh for humor....

The 44FFs are threaded all the way from the sealing ledge to the tip of the
plug. The 44Fs have the threads ending about 1/16 in. from the tip of the plug
end. This portion is smooth instead of being threaded. This was done years ago
to agree with a European spec as I remember. The plugs are identical
otherwise. Just be careful putting a 44FF into a hole that had a 44F in it because
there might be a ring of carbon in the head threads. You will need to chase the
threads in the head first.
Regards,
Bob Helt