<VV> Spark Plugs

Ken Lundy klundy at optonline.net
Sun Nov 26 12:05:43 EST 2006

Thanks Bob!
Regards,
Ken Lundy
New Jersey
1964 Monza Convertible

PS: Got your humor regarding my poorly worded question! Thanks again!

From: BobHelt at aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:41:41 -0500 (EST)
To: klundy at optonline.net, virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Spark Plugs

In a message dated 11/26/06 5:31:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
klundy at optonline.net writes:

> Can anyone tell me the difference between AC 44F and AC 44FF spark plugs?

Yes, is that what you wanted to know? OH I see, you want to know the
difference. Well so muxh for humor....

The 44FFs are threaded all the way from the sealing ledge to the tip of the
plug. The 44Fs have the threads ending about 1/16 in. from the tip of the
plug end. This portion is smooth instead of being threaded. This was done
years ago to agree with a European spec as I remember. The plugs are
identical otherwise. Just be careful putting a 44FF into a hole that had a
44F in it because there might be a ring of carbon in the head threads. You
will need to chase the threads in the head first.
Regards,
Bob Helt