<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 22, Issue 81

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 27 03:32:57 EST 2006

Have you used more torque than for damper installation/final tightening? The balancer/damper is supposed to be tight on the crank.  Something like 0.001 inch interference. The friction is what keeps it from shuffling on the end of the crank and wearing things out when the load reverses all the time.  Keys can't control micro motions during load reversal. Only use a puller that grips the inner hub portion. Don't use a puller with jaws that grab and pull the outer ring.

--
Dan Timberlake

Hi one  and all, I have a quick question, what is the trick to taking off the
harmonic  balancer?  I took out the front bolt, and read the manual, but the
thing  was on very tight and I didn't want to apply too much presure to the
puller.  Is there a key someplace that I can't see?  Any help would  be greatly
appreciated.
All the best
Robert  Paul