<VV> Florida

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Nov 28 15:36:18 EST 2006

Have salt here too - have seen a number of vehicles with the springs
visible from the trunk a few years after driving on the beach.

OTOH summer is what we put up with for the eight and a half glorious months
we are having now, utility bills are way down. Other thing people miss is
that Florida is a big state, we are 80 miles from the nearest coast and in
the last 20 years, we lost two shingles due to wind, and that was in 1988.

And on the gripping hand, I grew up south of here without a/c and just
walked to the beach when needing to cool off. Bet we can last a lot longer
in Florida without a/c than someone can survive in Ohio without heat.

Padgett

ps can count on one hand the number of days I used the a/c in my daily
driver this summer.