<VV> Rookie Corvair Driver

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Nov 28 22:01:59 EST 2006

I have found the engine will TELL you what it wants.  Listen to the revs, when it sounds right - it is.  Downshift when you want to accelerate.  Downshift on a hill if you're pinging.  You can get away with murder in 2nd and 3rd.  I find the Corvair to be a forgiving car.  Don't worry so much.

You have to be careful though.  My car keeps telling me to shift into 5th on the freeway.  I tried explaining it but the car wont listen to me.  Being a late model it thinks it's too pretty to have to listen to some old guy.

mike