<VV> car names and fuzzy dice

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 12:53:38 EST 2006

In reply, usually a lot of older cars, and seemingly
Vairs as much so, have earned their names in one
fashion or another. (Fine examples in other's posts as
well.)
My car is a 67 Vert, and just shortly after I acquired
her, and due to screaming a lot like Fred Flintstone,
she became known as "Wilma"
Now the funny thing is that Karma is a whale of a
thing, and maybe as a twist of fate, a Month AFTER I
named her, came a Hurricane with the same name, and
even reached the home she used to reside in, in Texas.
I didn't know what to make of these strange set of
circumstances, and maybe it's better that more truths
had ben told me, pre-purchase.  Things do come around,
as they went around, and older cars do indeed earn
their names.
With that said, "Darth Vair" and "Red Menace", you are
still in my sights... Though, keep in mind that a
storm is still a storm, in any fashion.
All The Best,
Danny Barber
67 Vert that earned her name well... "Wilma"

I call my Monza "Frankenvair" because of all the weird
stuff I've found
on it (like a lengthened steering column?)... The PO
called it
"Goldie"...

Jim Houston
Lithia, FL

Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:
> I don't understand the fuzzy dice at all.
> On the names though, it is a family tradition.
> Most car people I know name their cars as well.
> Gotta distinguish amongst the fleet, as I can't
really say "red" car
> or "white" car, as there are several of each!
> My V8 came pre-named, a simple contraction,
"Cornado"
> The Convert is Cardinal, becasue it is red.
> My '62 Buick, on the other hand, usually is referred
to with a  mix
of