<VV> Brodie knobs?

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 01:11:48 EST 2006

In a recent post(s) about silly stuff we put on our cars --- fuzzy dice come to mind --- there was this quote "she
shared with her brother(dual glass packs, lowered rear end, fuzzy dice,
brodie knob, etc.)."

  I understand all except 'brodie knob'/.  What, pray is a brodie knob and, better yet, where did the usage come from. Certainly not Steve Brodie who 'Did a Brodie" off the brooklyn bridge, thus becoming its first suicide. But who knows.

  I am familiar with a 'necker's knob' which may be the same thing.

  Thus far a friend has supplied me with a set of curb feelers, which I think are a perfectly reasonable thing to have on a 1964 automobile. He also has given me a set of wind hushers that mount about where the wing windows are and which purport to cut down on the wind noise. On a convertable I fear these perforated, stainless steel, doohickeys won't make much of a difference, but as a fashion statement they may have great merit.

  We actually had a pair of fuzzy dice but the Florida lovebugs got into 'em and you know what happens then.

  Beginning Saturday and continuing for cruise nights up until Christmas we have a set of manic chaser christmas lights. There is a spare battery in the trunk and humongously powerful inverter I built years ago when power transistors were the size of quarters. Those items will be in the trunk, powering the chaser lights which will be strung all the way 'round the beltline of the car. a fullsize, stuffed, santa claus will be in the driver's seat. We figure it should annoy most everyone within 100 feet and there will be joy all about.

  Arjay Morgan
  64 monza convert
  And I still need to know what a Brodie Knob is and where it got its name.