<VV> Pertronix

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 12:15:00 EST 2006

                                      B"H

After I got the car in the garage I decided to take
another look.  I got out my ohmmeter and looked for
continuity from the plus side of the coil wires, back
to the connector, and found that the big fat red wire
(8 ga maybe, just a guess) was the correct one.  I got
a constant 12 v from that wire when the ignition was
turned on, so I ran a direct wire from that connection
back to the red Pertronix wire.

The car started right up and seems to run very nicely,
so I think I got it right (finally).

Thanks everyone for your help with this problem.

This morning on the way to work, a guy rolled down the
window of his new BMW 745i and yelled out to me, "What
year is that?"  I told him "69" and he said "Wow, it's
a beauty!" and that is one of the things that makes
owning a Corvair so much fun (one neighbor wouldn't
believe me that the luggage compartment is up front,
even when I showed her the engine compartment! until I
opened it to show her).

I get more smiles per mile with this car than anything
else I've ever driven.

Best Regards...Bill H.
"Suzy The Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza 110PG