[Fwd: Re: <VV> Gas prices (no Corvair)]

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 1 10:55:36 EDT 2006

Yeah I think it's ridiculous that car companies, American or not are
touting 35 mpg. It's now 16 years since Dihatsu sold a small hatch
back called Charade. Hilarious name I know, but I stopped laughing
when two things occurred. First, we passed every gas station around.
The car got 46-50 mpg on a regular basis. If it dropped to 42 I knew
something was wrong. ;op
Second, when it was inspected, no matter where, the mechanics all
scratched their heads wondering how the exhaust could be so clean.
It was a peppy little car. It beat my Chevy Celebrity all over the
road. To bad we needed something better.
-Cash