[Fwd: Re: <VV> Gas prices (no Corvair)]

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun Oct 1 16:51:02 EDT 2006

At 07:55 hours 10/01/2006, Cash Case wrote:
>Yeah I think it's ridiculous that car companies, American or not are
>touting 35 mpg. It's now 16 years since Dihatsu sold a small hatch
>back called Charade. Hilarious name I know, but I stopped laughing
>when two things occurred. First, we passed every gas station around.
>The car got 46-50 mpg on a regular basis. If it dropped to 42 I knew
>something was wrong. ;op
>Second, when it was inspected, no matter where, the mechanics all
>scratched their heads wondering how the exhaust could be so clean.
>It was a peppy little car. It beat my Chevy Celebrity all over the
>road.

Sounds like a great car to me.

>To bad we needed something better.
>-Cash

??     Uh... did I miss something?   I wish my '60 4-door would get
anywhere remotely close to that sort of mileage.    Speaking of which:

I've noted as of late that my fuel mileage has taken a hit, and
nothing on the car has changed.   Has something happened to motor
fuels in the last few weeks that have made things burn in a less
efficient manner in my '60 4-door, which has continued to run the
same way it always has, checked it over, etc?

tony..