<VV> Cam

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 13:20:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/2/2006 9:17:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
traceya at montrose.net writes:

Ok, I  ordered my Rhodes lifters, now for a cam to go with it. This goes
in a '61  Rampside.

Bob,
Why oh why?   Rhodes lifters are a sidestep to the problems due  to the long
duration race cams at an idle and low speeds. Besides, they tend to  be noisy
at those speeds. You don't want a long dur cam, you want a short dur  cam to
match your engines intended use.

May I suggest that you forget Rhodes lifters for anything but long  duration
cams (read: RACE cams)  and use standard lifters for your  application.

Regards,
Bob Helt