<VV> Synthetic Oil

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Mon Oct 2 16:46:08 EDT 2006

Joe Curran!  M.I.T. = Many Introverted Teens... ;>)

Is he still kicking?
Joe, if you're lurking, e-mail me off line!

Jim Duane

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of
TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 4:41 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Synthetic Oil

In a message dated 10/2/2006 11:27:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kcvair at netscape.com writes:

> After a couple hundred miles I checked the oil level and it was at the
add
> mark, so I added another quart thinking maybe I hadn't put enough in
when I
> changed oil.  I had to add a total of 6 quarts before I got home, the
last
> quart was a regular grade oil because I didn't have anymore Mobil I.
After
> going through all this oil I decided to go back to a regular 10-w-30
grade and
> have not had add any oftener than every 500 miles.  I have no idea why
it used
> so much synthetic, but one other person in our club had the same
problem with
> his Corvair.
=====
KC!!!  you're talking about DIFFERENT  viscosities of oil!   What was
the
Mobil 1  0-50???  They do make several  viscosities!

500 miles......time to change to a 20-40  or 20 -50......how often do
you
drive the car in SUB-ZERO temps?

Ask Joe Curran...M.I.T.  prof.     15 qts of 10-30 on the way [ 15000
miles]
to Daytona 2000......talked him into buying 6 qts of 20-50......only
used four
to make it home!

Matt Nall
'69 stocker, '66 vert, '65 v8, '66turbo, Vairboat, Sandcar, 64 cp
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org