<VV> Re: Synthetic Oil

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 16:51:23 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/2/2006 1:18:35 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
minoxphotographer at yahoo.com writes:

ANY oil  you put in your Corvair today, even the cheapest stuff from the
local  discount house, will be better than anything you could buy when
your car  was new.

Tim,
While I tend to agree with most of what you said, I respectfully DISAGREE
with the above statement.

There is NO WAY that a cheap non-detergent oil rated SA or SB available
today is better than the HD oils available in the 1960s in my opinion. Sure the
cheapest SJ/SL/SM oils are much better, but not the non-detergent stuff.

Regards,
Bob Helt