<VV> Funny and temperamental Rampside

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Mon Oct 2 19:37:00 EDT 2006

     Two days ago I noticed that the oil pressure on my daily driven Rampside began to stay at a steady mark of 40 psi (SW electric manometer) while cold or hot (synthetic oil) which made me feel fine about it. Then, noticed same pressure at idle... eureka ! ... it is becoming better than ever but, ..guess what ?... it showed the same 40 psi with engine and switch off and ...the meter's needle was stucked.
      Yesterday, while checking the oil level, I noticed that the harmonic balancer was really shining on the shoulder (like polished) so, put on my glasses to have a better view and... the belt was on the shoulder instead of the grove. By the shinny, I guessed it has been running that way for a while. Put the belt on the right place (usual tightening) and started my day. Rechecked 10 miles later and the belt was running on the shoulder again ! Did nothing just to see how long it will be running (it is stretched for sure) this way. Today, after 45 more miles, it is still running fine on the shoulder. Think that she tought it is time for making some changes on their own. New belt is ready for when she decides to run normally.

    BTW, it runs on a 110, 3.27 diff. and 61 4spd. (4.26 first) like a champ, loaded or unloaded. I'll see you at Palm Springs !

    Daniel Monasterio