<VV> Re: TONNAGE

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 19:44:06 EDT 2006

     Unfortunately my truck doesn't have regenerative
braking. Lifting my foot off the pedal is the
equivalent of shifting into neutral, it only slows
down if I'm going up hill. It's very difficult to
implement regenerative braking on a DC motor, it comes
naturally to a AC motor, but they cost more.
     Fading could be a problem, I'm probably going to
go with Kevlar shoes when these wear out. I try to
avoid as many big hills as I can, too much power to
climb them, then I toast the brakes on the other side.
     Being electric it's much easier on the clutch. I
put it in gear and release the clutch before I apply
power. The only time the clutch slips is when I hit
the pedal too hard from a stop while leaving it in
third. I figure this is my safety release that
preserves the rear end and axles. ;-)

TiM

'61 Electric Rampside