<VV> Big Rims

George Jones georgedjones at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:51:13 EDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Bill Kronen <billpat at telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Gentlemen;
> I need some assurance that the 15" Camaro Rally wheels that I'm cleaning
> up to put on my 66 Monza will actually work OK.  They are 8" wide in the
> rear and 7" for the front and will have 225/60/R15's on the rear and
> 205/60/R15's on the front.  I've talked with some of you previously and
> have checked some sites but after mounting the rims today they seem to
> hang way outside the wheel wells.  Its all new for me and don't know if
> I'm overreactiing to what I see.  Any suggestions?
> Bill Kronen

Bill,

See the link in my signature. I'm running 15 x 7's up front with 225/60/15's
and 15 x 8's in the back with 235/60/15's. The PO did massage the lip of the
fenders a "little" bit, but not enough that it's visible to the casual
observer. I think that with the tire size you're looking at, you won't have
a problem. You may want to check Brian Blackwell's site out, I know he has a
pretty good write up about tire sizing. Good luck.

--
George Jones
Tidewater Corvair Club