<VV> Convertible top power

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 11:38:04 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/2/2006 8:25:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

The  Corvair top is not hydraulic really, is it ?  It's an electric motor
putting it up and down ?

When my wiring gave me a problem, I  remember pulling it up and pushing it
down manually until I figured out  the wiring.

I just stood in the back and lifted it evenly from both  side, not too fast,
because you're "driving" the motor, and the gearing is  designed to go the
"other way."

For power top equipped convertibles:

Early Convertibles - Hydraulic Power - via an electric pump!
Late Convertibles  - Electric motor via cables

-Seth Emerson (Has owned both types)