<VV> plated internal engine parts...

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 3 09:50:25 EDT 2006

Hi guys-
I have a question. I sent a bunch of parts off to be zinc plated. I
inadvertently sent some rockers, guide plates, push rods and the
rocker arm studs with the rest of the nuts and bolts to be plated.

Should I trust the zinc plating to not come off and do damage or
should I toss this stuff.
An interesting thing though. i noticed that the ends of the push
rods, the receiving area (where the push rod touches the rocker) the
spherical  shaped (bearing?) that sits under the adjusting nut, all
appear that the zinc did not adhere to those surfaces.

How can that be? Is there zinc on those surfaces and I just can't see
it because the surfaces were so polished?

'65 Monza
'65 Corsa with no backup lights, but with the circuit and switch
sitting in the house-

-Cash

Cash Case, Art guy -
www.cashcase.us
Home phone: 972-444-8531
Cell phone: 469-446-0177

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."