<VV> Everything but the kitchen - Zinced...

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 14:57:02 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/3/2006 11:19:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

Hi  guys-
I have a question. I sent a bunch of parts off to be zinc plated.  I
inadvertently sent some rockers, guide plates, push rods and  the
rocker arm studs with the rest of the nuts and bolts to be  plated.

Should I trust the zinc plating to not come off and do damage  or
should I toss this stuff.

I would dump the rockers and the pushrods, but use the guide plates and if
they will still screw onto the upper head studs, the rocker arm studs. Plating
of threads is problematical. It may make them hard to thread on and hard for
the  adjuster nuts to thread on, or stay on. That will certainly answer Bob
Helts  concern about not enough Zinc in your oil! - Seth Emerson