<VV> Clutch Cable Continues & and a ?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 15:11:27 EDT 2006

So yesterday I got under the '64, got the tunnel cover off.  Clutch
cable broke at the pulley under the floor.  Cable still looks new.
Pulley looks fine, moves freely, shows no oddball wear or damage, and I
can find no hints that the cable had been in the wrong place rubbing
somewhere weird.  So, got me.

As long as I was under there, and since I have spares on hand, I
replaced the pulley under the floor.  Figured as long as I was in
there, I may as well.  Got the old cable out without too much trouble,
although it does take a bit of finangling to get that clevis unhooked
and off the pedal, doesn't it!

OK, silly question, and I fear I know the answer.  I'm thinking I'm
gonna have to  unbolt the pulleys under the dash to get the new cable
in place? I just don't see there's any way to get the cable between the
pulley and the guides with them bolted in.  Any tricks to that? 'Spose
I'm gonna need an assistant to hold the nut in the trunk, etc.?  Or is
there an easier way that I'm just not seeing?

'Course today it's raining and I'm working out in the driveway.  So
probably won't mess with it till tomorrow.

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===