<VV> Big Rims

Les corvair at mts.net
Tue Oct 3 19:17:08 EDT 2006

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:26:20 EDT
From: Sethracer at aol.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Big Rims
To: westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca, virtualvairs at corvair.org

In a message dated 10/3/2006 11:58:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, _Padgett_
(mailto:Padgett at shaw.ca)  writes:

Hokey  folks, I know of at least three different backspacing families used
in GM  5x4 3/4 (aka 5x120.7).
1) The early drum brake cars (maximum  backspacing)
2) Mid-70's disk brake cars (mid)
3) Late models  (least)

<snippage>

Oh yeah - GM used two different FWD 5-bolt patterns - 5 on 100mm X-body and
many derivatives, and 5 on 115mm used on mid-size and larger for 1985-on. Some
 models, the Chevy Celebrity comes to mind, used both patterns at the same
time.  Usually only one pattern per car, though! - Seth