<VV> clutch cable repair

Bonnzz at aol.com Bonnzz at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 19:38:16 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
Just want to put my 2 cents in on this issue. About 3 years ago I had my
cluth calle break at the first pulley (under the dash). I had to work in coral
rock gravel as I was in Key West working at Boca Chica air station. You do have
to remove the nut inside the trunk just under the master cylinder. It snapped
off with little effort. I would suggest that you soak the nut with PB blaster
for at least a couple days. Also take a wire brush and clean the threads of
rust (caused from spilled brake fluid). If the bolt snaps off, You can get a
replacement bolt at a local hardware store, however you will need to re-drill the
hole bigger. Take the pulley with you and get a bolt with the same size
diameter to fit in the pulley. It should not have threads all the way to the head of
the bolt. This worked for me and I have been driving the car
since............Mark Kinnan        Lake Placid, Florida