<VV> Noisy lifter

Rudy Korb rudyandbrenda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 4 13:23:11 EDT 2006

Hi guys and gals,

  Hope someone out there in Corvair land can give me a hint on the best way to free a stuck lifter, other than replacement.  I have one lifter that periodically sticks but quiets after running a bit.  I have just changed oil, and now I'm using Quaker 5W30 with Slick 50.  I've only run it about 3 minutes since the oill change but my lifter is still clacking.  I have a car show coming up this Saturday and if I can't get that lifter quiet I won't go.  Any suggestions, please.  Thanks,

  Rudy Korb
  67 Monza vert
  Rogers, Arkansas