<VV> So Long, Mike

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Oct 4 18:14:13 EDT 2006

Friends
All of Corvairdom lost a friend and benefactor yesterday when Mike Harrison was called to that big Corvair Garage in the sky.

It was my pleasure and my privilege to have been Mike's friend for the last 16 years.  He stewarded the Concours Committee well IMO, and was a friend to all he came in contact with.

One weekend in 1990 my oil filter adapter failed, and I was stranded without a spare PF4 and bolt to get home.  At  9AM on Sunday morning I called Mike (from the CORSA roster, I'd never met him before) from my friend's home in Gaithersburg, and he told me to come up. He Presented me with a Hastings filter, bolt and gasket and got me back on the way home.

I last spoke to Mike at Buffalo, while purchasing a set of NOS fuzzies from him for the EUM.  And as always in the last 16 years, it was a pleasure to see him, shake his hand and spend a few minutes talking about CORSA and Corvairs.

Mike put on no airs, never looked down his nose at anyone, and was a pleasure to be with. His extensive knowledge of Corvairs was a resource that we will be the less for with his passing.

I was proud to be associated with Mike. I'm sure gonna miss him.
I wish his family my sympathy and will remember them and him in my prayers.  I hope all of you do as well.

Rest Easy and Peacefully, friend.

Hank