<VV> Car Show itty-bitty Touchee Feelee

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 04:08:51 EDT 2006

> Note: I'm the type that hands the car salesman a check for that new
> pickup.....he hands me the keys........I take the keys and immediately SCRATCH
> the bed
> of the truck........SO I CAN USE IT!!!

Matt, just a suggestion:  buy a used truck.  They come pre-scratched and everything.

There's nothing wrong with trying to keep something nice and taking reasonable precautions to take care of it.  Frankly, a practical person does just that so that their investments last longer.

Mike, I like your idea.  I never did care too much for the "Don't Touch" signs.  As a parent, I teach my children never to touch the cars at a show out of respectfulness.  But I remember a guy with some 30's or 40's era roadster who offered to let my kids climb into the rumble seat.  They thought it was great.

Way to be an ambassador for the hobby, not just Corvairs.

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.