<VV> Help - Rear Strut Rod Mounting Bolt Length

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 19:45:37 EDT 2006

Can anyone provide an answer, I have looked in my body and chassis manuals
and can't find the answer.

I am putting the engine back in my 69 Convertible 4-speed after  rebuild.
The engine has been out for over a year and a half, so I don't  remember exactly
what came out of where.  I am trying to bolt up the rear  strut rods to the
differential housing.  I found the 8 bolts, but after  prying to get some lined
up, I noticed that the bolts are different  lengths.  Does anyone know where
the bolts go?  There are 4 that are  slightly longer than the others.  Do the
long bolts go on the side or on  the bottom of the differential strut mount?

Thanks, I am stuck until I figure this out.

Todd in Texas