<VV> Re: Help - Rear Strut Rod Mounting Bolt

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 08:19:45 EDT 2006

In my 67 vert the longer ones went in the side, but
when I got replacement grade 8 bolts they were all the
same length.(Kind of a happy medium between the two
lengths if I recall correctly.)
Hope this helps.
Danny
67 Vair--"Wilma"

Can anyone provide an answer, I have looked in my body
and chassis
manuals
and can't find the answer.

I am putting the engine back in my 69 Convertible
4-speed after
rebuild.
The engine has been out for over a year and a half, so
I don't
remember exactly
what came out of where.  I am trying to bolt up the
rear  strut rods to
the
differential housing.  I found the 8 bolts, but after
prying to get
some lined
up, I noticed that the bolts are different  lengths.
Does anyone know
where
the bolts go?  There are 4 that are  slightly longer
than the others.
Do the
long bolts go on the side or on  the bottom of the
differential strut
mount?

Thanks, I am stuck until I figure this out.

Todd in Texas