<VV> About that busted bolt...

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 09:40:53 EDT 2006

OK, so I went to try the screw extractor on the broken off pulley bolt.
 Since the bolt came into the trunk from inside the car, I decided to
work on it from that side rather than laying under the dash. I had
assumed all this time of course, that the bolt went thru the car, to a
welded in place nut on the trunk side. Drilled into bolt, put in screw
extractor, and with a good hard twist, the bolt came lose and came out!
The bolt actually threads into threads that are IN the car.  It looks
like there are threads between the trunk and floor that it screws into,
then there was a bolt and lockwasher on the trunk side. Anyway, got it
out without too much trouble.  Now to see if I can find a proper bolt
with the shoulder area where the pully rides, and see if I can't get
this sucker back together.

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===