<VV> EZ-Out

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Oct 6 10:05:18 EDT 2006

I have the best success with patience.
- soak with penetrating oil and let stand for a day or two
- file broken tip smooth & centerpunch
- drill to as close to center as possible - this lets you drill the largest
possible hole without injuring threads
- if going to use an insert, might as well drill out more and don't bother
with EZ-out
- with largest possible hole, stress will be on strongest part of EZ-Out.
Sure way to break is to use with too small a hole.
- Don't expect it to break loose instantly, Apply moderate pressure and
relax. Repeat many times.
- Will be a surprise when it moves the first time but will happen eventually.

Note: are better ways but I cannot get near a welder. This works for me.

Padgett