<VV> Corvair Charlie - A Modest Proposal

Ian Harding iharding at destinydata.com
Sat Oct 7 15:05:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have read with interest all the conversations about Charlie.  I have
never met or corresponded with him, mostly due to my laziness, as
stated by some other posters here.

I agree that Charlie is an asset to the community, and that he could
be more widely utilized if he had email.  To that end, I am
volunteering to be his email.

Like I said, I have never met or corresponded with him, and I don't
know if he would approve or disapprove of this setup, but here is what
I am offering.  If you don't like the idea, don't use it, but please
don't flame me!

I have set up an email account called corvaircharlie at gmail.com.  I
will monitor this account at least weekly, print all the messages (in
a large font), and mail them with SASE to Charlie Dye.  I will scan
his replies and email them to the sender.  I will not charge anything
since stamps are cheap and scanning is free.

Try it out, but remember I am paying for the stamps, so "be genuine",
to coin a favorite phrase of his.  Also remember to "state
wants/needs."  If you decide to buy something you will have to send
him an acceptable form of payment directly.

If Charlie hates it, I will obviously stop.  If nobody uses it, I will
obviously stop.  Until then, let's see!

Ian Harding
Tacoma, WA