<VV> Stalling out when stopped

Luke Duddridge LCDuddridge at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:11:44 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I am not the world's greatest mechanic, not even particularly good if the
truth was to be told.  I sort of meddle along learning as I go and I'm
having fun doing it.  I have my 64 Turbo running fairly well and I have a
minor problem I can't quite figure out.

The car starts well and runs down the road nicely.  If I stop for a light or
a stop sign it idles nicely until it gets good and warm.  Once fully heated,
roughly 350 degrees on the dash, it will not idle and immediately stalls
when I stop unless I lift the RPMs up by holding the gas pedal down
slightly.

I have raised the idle RPMs and that seems to work but it is rough on gas.
Does any one have an idea or suggestion?

Thanx, Pax,

Luke