<VV> No Corvair on my signature

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 8 21:37:44 EDT 2006

Why Arthur, you sly devil, you coaxed one of us to ask and then told
your wonderful Corvair
story which I am sure all on the list enjoyed reading !  I sure
enjoyed the history lesson and if
you have some pictures and a few more tangents on some of your
travels with your Corvairs
it would make a great article for the Communique magazine.

Corvairly,
Chuck Armer
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

  At 12:23 PM 10/8/2006, you wrote:
>Sorry,    No story there.  That is the signature I use for the
>Monaco Motor Home Group.  As to the Corvair,  When my mother was in
>her 70's she thought that she would like to drive again and so they
>bought a new 65 Monza 4 door 110 3 speed and took delivery Dec 1964.
>She drove it about 100 miles or so and then decided that she really
>didn't want to drive in the Los Angeles Area traffic. My father
>drove it until he stopped driving in December of 1971.  At that time
>a Corvair was not worth more than a couple of hundred dollars so
>they gave it to me. I didn't need it so did not use it much until
>the gas crunch of the mid 1970's  At that time my wife had to drive
>about 30 miles a day so she used it until the mid 80's  I then used
>it as a "Toad" behind our motor home. It has 105K miles on it and is
>not being used any more.  We have not driven it in several years
>other than to move it as the motor home is parked behind it.  When I
>retired  I repaired the rust and painted it but
>  that was 20 years ago and it has not aged to well.  I was going to
> fix it up and give it to our grandaughter for her 16th birthday in
> a few months, but her mother, our daughter does not want her to
> have it and I don't think she wants it  She wants her mothers
> MBZ.  It is very original, although well worn and shabby.  I don't
> want to pay for ins. so it is registered as non-operation.  I can't
> get collector car ins. as it is not inside although it is behind a
> locked chain link fence and is blocked by 3 other cars.  It is just
> too costly to add another car to our policy in our zip code.  When
> the ins. and registration was current we loaned it many to visitors
> who did not have a car with them.  Rust? yes but no dents.
>
>Arthur Balazs
>89 Monaco Crown Royale 8.3 Cummins
>Saturn 2000LW2 V6,
>
>//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD