<VV> Strange (?) double failure

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Mon Oct 9 00:05:19 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/8/2006 12:57:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

Were
there any threads left in the nut,  Ned?

Not much on the side that actually came apart, but the parts of the nut I
cut off look like the threads were intact.

As far as Tech inspection for autocrossing, don't get me started. This is
one of my pet peeves, at least the way tech is done here. It is extremely
inconsistent, at least for my car. One time the inspector said "The car looks  the
same as last time" and signed it off. The funny thing is that was the first
autocross after I removed the AC from the car. I've had some inspectors
actually  step on the brake pedal but not to often. They literally kick the tires,
look at  the battery and helmet and check for stuff in the trunk and interior.
That's it.  Best I can figure is that they figure since I'm the guy that
"built" the car and  have obviously spent some time and money on the car it must be
good. The problem  I have is that I'm not perfect (sorry to shatter your
perceptions) and really  would like to under go a serious tech inspection. After
all, I want to drive a  safe car. I won't even comment about tech inspections
outside of SCCA.

Ned