<VV> Hard to Start...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 08:20:15 EDT 2006

  Very good point Frank...and a thought provoking question, nonetheless,
  the chokes were removed by the previous owner...

  I think there are some pictures/discussions in here:

  http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,44239,44465#msg-44465

  Which lead me to believe that others have done the same thing :)

  Perhaps chokes in the warm/hot areas [like my neck of the woods],
  combined with the fact that all 4 carbs run at idle (Otto setup),
  become less of necessity ! -- I maybe wrong.

  I need not tell you how a stock corvair idles when cold/no choke -
  however this car, idles like it's warmed up immediately after the start.

  Regards,

  Tony