<VV> Hard to Start...

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 09:52:24 EDT 2006

 You might want to turn the idle mix screw all the way
in on you "Secondaries", as all that extra gas at idle
doesn't contrbiute to anything except extra gas usage.
I have modified primaries on the race motor, in place
of the secondaries, and it starts/runs fine - idles
decent for a race cam and no chokes, with the extra
idle turned off.
 While I doubt this will have any effect on your hard
starting...there is teh possiblity that the plugs are
getting slightly fouled by the twice the normal gas
feed at idle, before shut down - and the blast of
starting fluid clears them out. I've also been warned
years ago that starting fluid will remove the thin
film of oil from the cylinder walls at start up and
may lead to scored cylinders.

 Mike
 YS-117