<VV> AOL billing watchout - No Corvair

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 17:18:23 EDT 2006

I am sharing this because I know several of you are still AOL users. I just
inquired with them as to why I was still being charged a monthly rate since
they announced their service was now free. I was told that I would have to
select an account change on their website to get the free service. I also
found out at that time that it is only free if you have another high speed
internet connection and service (which I do). So, I checked their boxes and
got my confirmation. Well, today while checking my AMEX credit card bill on
line I saw that I had a mysterious charge of $99.99. Further research
brought up an AOL Credit Alert Service and 888- number. I called and was
told that I had recently (same day as the change) checked a box indicating
I wanted a year of credit alert service :-). I have secured a refund, but
thought some of you might want to be aware of this in advance. There was
only one box to check :-)
Grant