<VV> RE: Blame the telephone company - poles should be on the IN-side of curves

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Oct 12 20:13:34 EDT 2006

I found out the hard way that my insurance company paid for telephone poles,
when I got a bill from Ma Bell.

I guess 55 on a curve I had taken many times before was only a little bit
different after rain washed just a little bit of sand onto the road.  The
car (an LM 140/4 convert) handled a LOT differently that time.  Whooda thunk
?

I think it's the phone company's fault for putting telephone poles on the
outside of curves.  They should have put it on the inside, where it's safe !

The transformer that had been attached near the top of the pole landed about
15' away.  That was expensive (for Allstate anyway) !

Who's idea was it to put it way up there where no one can see it ?!?!?!?

And they tried to say it was my fault !  Sheeezh !

I was 20, so it definitely was NOT because I was 16 !

(I had my fiancé's ex-fiancé in my car at the time, so maybe it wasn't
actually an "accident" ?  Hmmm...)